Monday, June 11, 2007

Strider

I met this character in a puddle on a log up above the high tide line, where the kids left me in a jar, whilst they were chasing Nacho. That Nacho. He'd come to help me get back into the sea, and then was distracted because the kids had corn chips in their pockets, or something, or so he said. Anyway, while I was waiting for him to come back, I was sitting there looking around and there was this creature STANDING ON TOP OF THE WATER. "Samuel Strider, Strider, Strider, Samuel, Samuel, Samuel, Strider," he said is his name, although he speaks very sybillantly so it was at first hard to tell that he was speaking to me at all, s s s s s s s s s s is all I could hear at first, but then we had quite a heart-rending conversation because he's from FRESH water (stinky) and I'm from SALT water and there we were, up on the tide line, so frightened together. I think that he was quite a decent chap, altogether, although he knows the salmon people, too, and is very much afraid of them, too. Those teeth and jaws. Bad breath. Like Nacho. AH, here he comes, the silly dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home