Thursday, May 3, 2007

Razor Clamming


After the hailstorm yesterday, when I had to go beneath the waves to avoid a battering. That fresh water is very hard when it is frozen. Alas, I missed my rendezvous with Rafe. Today is very clement and I was hoping to run into Rafe again. Instead there was another "dog," this time a curly-haired grey one who was from Warrenton and he did not know Rafe at all. He, or she, I guess, kept looking around for its master, who was digging in the sand. She had one glaucus eye, so my sympathies were with her, although she did not leave a name, only said "Growf." Where is Rafe? How am I going to get my message through with such an unreliable medium? I must find an alternative way to communicate with Lincoln and Kimberly. Rafe tells me they are like gods, but after talking to Growf, I suspect this is what all "dogs" call their companions. Have I been mislead? Is this a god, here, with his net and boots, after all?

http://http://www.dfw.state.or.us/MRP/shellfish/razorclams/FAQs.asp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home